Insanity Quilt

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I am making this Vintage style Quilt...

to begin using the scrap system this year,  incorporating what I have in my stash. I hope to make some "out of my comfort" zone color and value decisions. I have my New Year's resolution!

I was going to start cutting fabric for Roll Roll Cotton Boll, but first,  I needed to cut up my scraps from my last quilt into strips and squares.

Ah Ha! I realized the Cherry Basket scraps would look so cute in the "Going Green" quilt I saw in February's American Quilt and Patchwork Magazine. Hmm, all I needed was a background, 4 5/8 yards. Back to the quilt shop. I got this beautiful butter cream  (color named by Fat Quarters Quilt shop owner, Michelle!) light yellow, so my quilt will have to have a different name. I think  Buttercream sounds great for now. I have a 1/4 of the 164 petals with their seams starched into place....


No comments: