Insanity Quilt

Friday, September 7, 2012

Finished Quilt - Grandma's Garden with 30's prints

Just finished this modern type pinwheel quilt called "Grandma's Garden" by Gingham Girls  making a small dent in my 30's repro stash.  The pinwheels were made using a portion of the dear jane triangle ruler. I love already having the correct ruler! I manually stippled the quilt which is always nice for  a background. It came out nice and soft after a rinse and dry. The tons of 5" squares made a sort of two sided quilt.
Quilt size approx 55" X 73"


Love these pandas!

The modified nine patch block was fun and easy

Black is a moda's essential dot

I used small yellow yo yos instead of buttons


 30's scotties are another favorite

I love the bright red binding

I used my accuquilt to cut about 250 squares for the backing



 

No comments: