Insanity Quilt

Monday, June 28, 2010

Design Wall Monday

Ever since I saw Joan's, of Keeping you in Stitchesbatik "kitchen sink" quilt I wanted to make it. Lori is right, we are having a baby boom in my community. So, I picked up these modern type, colors in the nursery section of Joann's, in the two by two jungle theme. This pattern is so cute and goes together pretty quick. I have enough to make two. Both are going to be for boys, so I think these will work. The patterns are busy and the contrast isn't the most "contrast-y" being lighter colors. I used my stash for the background, yeh!


I also put in some pics of my leaders and enders. Joan suggested making mini half square triangle blocks with the cutting waste and I have a good pile going , and the other pic is my ongoing 2" four patch to be pile from really scrappy leftovers from 8 years of scraps. I have another box 
somewhere of 2" patches. They really grow.


This is my eldest son in a shirt, tie and new suit pants, getting ready for a job interview. He really didn't want his picture taken, but complied.

4 comments:

Diana said...

Tell your son the red power tie is a great choice. I hope he gets the job! It was fun to see your design wall today.

Lori in South Dakota said...

baby quilts are fun! Babies like everything! Once I made one with black Laurel Burch Jungle animal fabric. Very bright! DH thought the child would grow up warped. Nope--turned out just fine!

Diane said...

very cute baby quilts-leader/enders do add up so fast. I've only recently started using the leader/ender method and am amazed at how fast you get enough for a quilt!

Leeanne said...

Love Bonnies concepts, just bought her Ender/Leader book, what agreat book.Nice colours you have chosen, it's nice to do some of our own sewing when are busy with customers quilts.