Insanity Quilt

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Stash Report week ending April 11

Week Ending March 21
Used this Week: 8
Used year to Date: 65 yards
Added this Week: 0
Added Year to Date: 6
Net Used for 2010:  59


I finally finished "Sapphire Slippers". This quilt was much more difficult than I thought it would be.  Matching the points on the diamonds made from the four corners of the snowball blocks was tedious.  Is there an easy trick ? I made a piano key border since I was using fat quarters and did not have any border fabric to match.  I like the way it looks and that was fun compared to matching half square triangle points. I think I have made the point about how much I disliked making those snow block corners match on the white tonal!!







I can't believe how fast the weeks go when your "stashbusting", phew, even though I have had a slow month, I am going to keep plugging away. I know I will be shocked at the number of projects I have completed at the end of this year as compared to other years.

4 comments:

~Joan said...

Kerri,

Is this from the Ruby Slippers pattern by Atkinson Designs? I have wanted to make one of those. I think if you press opposite corners the same way, having 2 of the four going the same direction, they will interlock when you sew the neighboring pieces together. Wow--that's hard to convey in words w/no pictures.

~Joan

Kerri said...

Ah Ha! Thanks Joan! I am hitting my forehead with the palm of my hand, lol. I just pressed them the way I thought ... to the dark, but that is the trick! It is such a pleasing quilt, maybe I will try another. Thanks for the tip!

Kerri said...

Yes, it is Rubby Slippers from Atikinsons Designs " Kansas City Scrapbook"

~Joan said...

Your blogger is set at no reply, so I could not email you. This is definitely on my list of to-make quilts at some time. Yours is lovely.

~Joan