Insanity Quilt

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Stash Report WE: April 25

 Too many customer quilts this week, so no official usage progress, but I am happy to have steady work from my nice clients.  I did rotary cut a bunch of old scraps into 3.5, 2.5, 2, 1.5 and strings this week using quiltville.com stash system. It takes time but felt really good. Thanks Bonnie for your motivation do get going!

I am machine quilting a unique New York Beauty made of a gazillion ties. It is more modern, and multi color and   measures 93 X 100. The ties have an interfacing still attached and thick seams, so it is a bit of a challenge.  Since it is custom, it will take me a few more days. I think my customer will be thrilled how the quilting will make her quilt pop!


Used this Week: 0 yards
Used year to Date: 65yards
Added this Week: 0 yards
Added Year to Date:  10 yards
Net Used for 2010: 55 yards

5 comments:

Joanne said...

It's nice to have customer quilts, but then you don't get yours done, do you? Like you, I sometimes think it's a pain to cut strips using Bonnie's system, but when I sit down to sew and can just pull a tub out I sing her praises!! Keep up the good work.

Kathie said...

Beauful quilting!!

kathie L.

Lori said...

sometimes you just have to work so you can play later! I think I have that panto of those feathers--I am going to go look, they were beautiful.

Kerri said...

So true! I can tend to the playing until deadlines come up, lol. Thank you for your comments!

The first row of feathers is from MountainTopQuilting.com by Kay Oft. I took an autosketch class with her and she was so kind and gave us a few of her patterns and this one was one which I think it is called ying/yang because of the center spiral.

mereth said...

This will look fantastic once you've finished with it.Custom work seems to build up alarmingly here, I love it when someone just wants a panto. Easy!