Insanity Quilt

Friday, April 5, 2013

Sea Turtle Parade

I finished one more UFO:  Sea Turtle Parade.  I started this kit a number of years ago and happily am finished.  I got to finally try out applying Swarvorski Crystals with the Kandi's crystal applicator tool. It worked great.
I quilted it with oceany swirls around the applique and outlined the applique with some interior lines as well. The quilt is now on our family room wall over the TV so we get to enjoy it when we relax on the sofa.
This pattern is by Mount Redoubt.

The Sea Turtle "Honu" is one of my favorite sea creatures, along with dolphins.  I always think of the hymn, All things bright in Beautiful, lyrics:

                                                   All things bright and beautiful,
                                                   All creatures great and small,
                                                   All things wise and wonderful,
                                                   The Lord God made them all. 


  when I see these wonderful animals.













No comments: