Insanity Quilt

Friday, May 27, 2011

New Notion- All Steel Flower spool holder!



Yesterday, our owner brought out yet another neato Quilt Market find, this hand crafted flower thread cone holder, made from steel scraps and polished to a beautiful deep brown bronze. 


Well, I just had spent three days diligently cutting my Bonnier Hunter of Quiltville.com strips and squares from years and years of scraps! Wow, what a job.  Okay, promise to self.....cut my strips immediately after a quilt project like Bonnie suggested at the Guild lecture that I saw her at (Still my happiest quilty day this year). That will make the next strip cutting session easier, phew.

Back to my new thread cone holder!  At least I didn't buy any new fabric......



www.paulsmetalpetals.com  isn't that a great name
The polished steel is shiny and beautiful
The right side peg is for holding bobbins!

Here's my scraps and some of my folded fabrics a little more organized:





Hope you have a fun quilting day!


No comments: