Insanity Quilt

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Stash Report WE July 25, 2010

Used this Week: 5.5 yards
Used year to Date: 96.5 yards
Added this Week: 17.5 yards
Added Year to Date: 36.5 yards
Net Used for 2010: 60 yards

This week I am realizing it is a battle to use up stash and not ultimately keep adding stash positively on the net figure!  What a revelation, huh.  I started this year trying not buy at all until I really made a dent, silly me. The joy of new fabric is so fun. So, I am hoping to pick up the pace the rest of year to get rid of more older fabrics so I can be working on the new. Actually, all year I keep throwing in quilts with the new purchases, while I plug away on unfinished UFO's. So, on I go. I got lots of Kona cotton white this week and some pretty batik neutrals, and black and white prints for an upcoming quilt. My using side this week was for finishing a backing and binding on a batik brown and yellow sunflower quilt. I did Bonnie Hunt's 10 inch square method for piecing the back with the leftovers from the quilt.

3 comments:

Vicki H. said...

I know that it is hard to keep using up. I have had a difficult time to keep using what is on hand when there are so many great new things out there!! How did the pieced back work out for you? I have been afraid to try it but I think to avoid more purchases I am going to do it!!! Probably on my orphan block quilt.

Lori in South Dakota said...

You're using up fabric, that's what counts. and smart purchases! I like to have Kona cotton on hand, and neutrals--you never seem to have enough of them!

Penny said...

I am with you on it being hard to use up stash. My interest has gone a different direction. I too am trying to use up stuff for charity quilts. That is working a little but I'd much rather sew with the new stuff. Keep at it, and gradually the old stuff will be the new stuff.